USC Leadership Delegation to India

In February 2011, USC President C. L. Max Nikias led a delegation of university faculty, administrators and trustees to India, where they met with key Indian partners in higher education, business and government, and with USC alumni, to build sustainable alliances in the areas of medicine and health care, neurosciences, the arts, communication and journalism, business, and technology and engineering.

Bangalore-opening-group-shot_feature

Paul Peterson/Embark LLC

Nikias_Sibal_Tata_feature

Paul Peterson/Embark LLC

Nikias-Tata-Book_feature

Paul Peterson/Embark LLC

i-phone_feature

Paul Peterson/Embark LLC

meeting_feature

Paul Peterson/Embark LLC

Taj-hotel_feature

Paul Peterson/Embark LLC

Press-Conference-in-Mumbai

Paul Peterson/Embark LLC

Dinner-with-Ambani-in-Mumbai

Paul Peterson/Embark LLC

The Taj Mahal

A Spotlight on Excellence

In this photo, President Nikias asks acclaimed Indian playwright Girish Karnad, who will receive an honorary USC doctorate in Los Angeles in May, to share a few words at the opening of the new Bangalore office on Feb. 25.

After the president provided attending Trojan Family members with an update on USC’s progress, Professor Paul Debevec made a presentation on the cutting edge of cinematic arts.

Topics: Bangalore, Cinematic Arts, International Offices

One Response to A Spotlight on Excellence

1. nithila says:

elated to see Girish receiving an honorary doctorate from my alma mater. An extraordinary playwright, scholar and human being, Girish Karnad has truly made a legendary contribution to the arts.

Interestingly about 17 years ago, I spent an evening with him and his gracious wife in Bangalore just after graduating from film school in Delhi, that gave me direction for my future. A vision to chart my own course and generate a contribution to the field of the cinematic arts and culture, if possible. I feel specially elated to see him receive a doctorate from the School of Cinematic Arts, a School that gave me my best years ever in learning and creativity and finding my voice!!

Itinerary

1. Depart from USA Feb 18
  2. AMumbai Feb 20-22
  3. BNew Delhi Feb 23-24
  4. CAgra Feb 23-24
  5. DBangalore Feb 25-26
  6. Depart from India Feb 27